Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My High School Blog is now a COLLEGE BLOG

If you were super interested in my high school survival posts, you haven't seen anything yet. College survival is something completely different and more interesting because... it's actual survival. Literally. I've never had more frozen foods/canned food in my life. The freshman 15 is real guys. ANYWAY.

Yes everyone, it happens.

The anticipation, the tears, the memories, the parties, the GRADUATION.

You get the diploma and though it represents a journey coming to a close, I think it really means a new journey, new opportunities, new lives. 

Moving in is super easy because you are excited and would run marathons to get out on your own, but maintaining that cleanliness and order in the dorm is some other challenge.

I never thought (along with my friends) that I wasn't prepared for college. I thought I had prepared myself in every way possible for this huge life change, but you have no idea until you are sitting alone in your dorm, piled with homework, ward responsibilities, family parties, mission call openings... (well this is BYU life at least) what it is really like.

This life is new and exciting so I thought... hey! Why not start a college survival blog? Talking about food ideas, cleaning ideas, studying ideas... funny stories and insights. We all have stories and things we want to say so please email me at nkkschmidt@gmail.com if you have any clever ideas or stories you want me to include in this new project!

This blog is for others. I really really really don't want to post about my experiences and views every time I post something on here. In my mind it would be cool to have more community input [just like from the high school blog] than anything.

Well I hope this blog doesn't only give insight into the BYU experience, but hopefully the freshman (and continued) experiences we have.

1 comment:

  1. dont try to push your bike up campus stairs. pick it up. Lesson learned.;) hahah Goldy I could give you A MILLION awkward stories to put on here!

    ReplyDelete