Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Death In Utah

Yes folks.
It has come.

The
 Death... of... Summer
 
There aren't a whole lot of things I get emotional about (okay well that's not really true) , but the warm times leaving is for sure one of them. I can't tell the difference between  my tears pouring, or the raindrops body slamming my face outside.
 
 
Here's my poem I wrote about today.
 
It's time for jackets,
for hot chocolate and marshmallows,
when the rain starts its pouring,
my happiness it swallows.
While everyone is cuddling
I'll sit here with my pillow,
forever alone,
fall is the start of my woe.
 
-Nikki Schmidt
 
 
OBVIOUSLY not a masterpiece. I feel happy for those who are happy about fall, I mean really! What isn't to love? It really does have the coolest rain storms, cool leaf changes, loads of cuddling, movie days, dancing in the rain... etc.
 
But at least for Me, I don't know. I feel like the happiness leaves. I can see why people love it, I really can. But I just start feeling dark and gloomy. I would rather lay out and look at the stars on a warm summery night, than look out my window at grey skies all day.. but that's just Me.
 
But the main reason I'm writing this post isn't really to talk about my opinions all that much, but what the weather does to us high school kidos.
 
First let's talk about the hair!
 
Because I live in Utah I feel okay bringing up seminary. A lot of my school is enrolled in seminary, the problem? It is outside! It's not a long walk at all, it's literally across a little street. But in the coldness, it feels like 5 miles. So for those who have to go outside during a storm this is for you.
 
FOR BOYS
BEFORE THE RAIN:
 
AFTER THE RAIN:
 
you get the point.
 
FOR GIRLS
BEFORE THE RAIN:
 
AFTER THE RAIN:
 
 
It's really hard for girls to get ready during the rainy months because we don't find a point if it goes to waste. We all know the rain is just going to attack our hair and makeup no matter what we do.
And boys. You lucky son of a guns.
So for the most part, you can look forward to seeing all  
THESE CLOTHES roaming the high school halls
 
Trendy sweats:
 
Attractive hoodies
 
 
Converse/Rain boots
 
But what would this blog be without solutions to our high school problems!?
 
So here is the big secret everyone...
 
Umbrellas have a convenient handle to hold while they shield you from the downpour! Not only are they convenient for the rain, they are also light and easy to travel with! AND YES, this product does work!
 
Good luck everyone!! Whether you like it or not, fall has come. So BRACE YOURSELVES.
 
and REMEMBER
 
The moral of this story is.
Do not get your car washed the same day there is a chance of a rain, or if there is a chance the next day because you can't use the free re-wash deal if it rains the next day.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. What is this....umbrella you speak of....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered it today. Apparently we don't have to run through the rain using textbooks and various objects to cover our heads!

      Delete