Thursday, October 11, 2012

5 things

It's another one of those "Me" blog posts, but hey every girl needs those at times. Well because I have been sitting at the airport for 3 hours, and in fear of my bag getting stolen if I fall asleep, I figured I might as well write something.

5 things

1. Last night was senior night for a lot of the Utah county High schools. It was bittersweet. It was such a surreal feeling when they announced my fellow seniors and I as the "seniors". It kinda made me wonder where the time went, and think back on everything. I have some regrets from my past years of cheer, but I am determined to finish strong, like most of my cheer sisters (and brothers).

2. Jesse Crossett is my best friend. I have a lot of best friends, but he's like the twin brother I always needed. I'm so lucky to have a friend like him. Friends like that are the ones that are never disloyal, and they are always there for you. Those are the true friends in high school.

3. Go Mitt! And yes, I did adopt my political views from my parents at FIRST. Then I took all you "anti-Romney-ers" advice and did research.... Go Mitt! ;)

4. I decided I observe people way too much. Not in a judging way, just fascinated I guess. I mean when I'm at school it's cool to see all these different people come together in one place, and I just like to observe. I wonder what they've fought through in their lives, their struggles, and their triumphs. I'm just weird I guess. But I like to think *every person here has their own story* . This one is helping me stay awake while at the airport.

5. Smoking honestly breaks my heart. It's such an unhealthy and expensive habit, and I feel bad for people addicted. As I walked past the smoking room at the airport today I kinda glanced in. A man, who looked like he was in his 80s, looked up at me and then kind of looked down in shame or something. He looked right back up and I smiled at him and waved as I passed. He looked shocked. He probably had never gotten a very nice gesture while smoking in an airport before (or maybe he thought I was some crazy teenager- or his granddaughter that he forgot because he's old. Who knows why he really looked shocked) I feel bad for the people who have fallen under this terrible addiction. The problem is people make them feel like they are terrible people, when its really just a terrible habit. I'm not trying to justify smoking. But no one knows why someone got into smoking (unless they tell you). But for the most part we don't know. It's just sad. I hope people in high school really look at the habit seriously now that we know all the facts.








No comments:

Post a Comment