Monday, October 29, 2012

In fact, I'm quite in love with you.

This post is about

LOVE  ---^---^^----^---^^^--

In high school.



Here's the gist of it.

You are single and all your friends are dating. You're sitting there petting your cats (or whatever) and wondering when the right person will walk into your life. You're waiting, and waiting, and waiting. You watch sappy love movies and can't even relate.



Okay folks, this is LAME.

Because what even is love in high school?
Is it really worth all the heartache and drama?
I turned this whole post over to a big group of people I texted today, so these are all not my words.

I asked 3 simple questions.
1. Do you believe that two people really can fall in love in high school?
2. Approximately how many times have you thought you've been in love so far?
3. What are some clear signs of infatuation between a couple in high school?

SO TO ADDRESS QUESTION NUMERO UNO

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT 2 PEOPLE CAN FALL IN LOVE IN HIGH SCHOOL?

99% of the people I texted voted YES . One person voted NO.

A couple people gave examples of siblings or themselves.

Here's what google has told me:

A little less than 2% of high school sweethearts actually get married. (and even less stay married)
 
So what about the people that said they were in love but found someone else? Is love really a single event you feel with that ONE person, or can you feel it lots of times? Just because you don't end up with them, does that mean you didn't love them? It depends on your definition of love, I suppose. I have concluded that you don't really know if you loved someone until your over them or lose them, (unless you end up together forever), I look back now and can see when I was really in love or not.
 
 
 
SECOND: HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU FALLEN IN LOVE IN YOUR LIFE SO FAR?
 
None: 7 people
Once:6 people
Twice: 3 people
Three times: 3 people
 
I can tell you for a fact I have been in love twice. Knowing what I know now and who I am, I know what I felt was love. But i've also learned an important lesson, I think a lot of people should know. Our definition of love changes when our age, lives, and circumstances change. I look back and if I felt the same feelings I felt so long ago, today, it wouldn't be love now. But at the time that was true love to me.
So who are we to tell people they aren't in love?
 
#3 DANGER DANGER DANGER INFATUATION DANGER DANGER DANGER


 
Clear signs your fellow students have said about infatuation:
 
"Infatuation is when the person in the relationship is involved for selfish reasons. Whereas love is where your more concerned for the well being of the other person than yourself"
 
"PDA. Spending a lot of time together. Flirtation"
 
"Just wanting to make out all the time it should be more than that."
 
"No idea."
 
"Always together and become anti social."
 
"Holding hands/kissing in the halls...Awkward status!!"
 
"Always making out?"
 
"PDA. Text 24/7. Lose all their other friends."



I think nothing screams infatutation more than this video
 

 
I'm not saying that love can't happen, but most the time it is infatuation in high school. I think that we aren't really emotionally mature enough to take on what love really is, but hey I guess it can happen. All I'm saying is that if you are currently in love, good job! Keep it going.
 
If you're not, don't stress. You get to date so many people and learn exactly what you want before college. You get to improve your friendships before you continue onto relationships.
 
Graduation is in 212 days for us seniors and then we will be opened up into a sea of attractive college students.
 
If you're not a senior: GOOD LUCK! And stay strong
 
Being single in high school is not a bad thing, but neither is being in love either.
Just make sure you're ready for that kind of committment if you are going to call it love! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post because it is so true. :) Love in high school is rare but not to be discounted. ;) LOVE YOU! Miss you Nikki!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison! I miss you too! I'm glad you liked the post :) come visit me!

      Delete