Tuesday, August 21, 2012

And so, it begins..










My friends.
It has begun.

No longer do I feel awkward writing about high school, while still in the summer. NOW, High school has come. I can now truly write on the senior year of a typical
average teenager.


                                     
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

A day I like to call

"The completely anticipated, yet totally pointless, first day which consists of introducing yourself five times, and receiving a plethora of disclosure documents."

But even though I call it pointless, it still is pretty fun.

Now I promised facebook and instagram a "FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL" Blog post! So i'm going to start off with students that you might know and their stories!

JAKE STORY: "The First day of my sophomore year I had to be in a student council assembly, and actually got shoved by Rob Smith and didn't see it coming, in front of my whole sophomore class."
COURTNEY HORNBERGER: "I had a knit sweater that caught onto someone's backpack, and unraveled."
CARLY MATTINGLY: "I couldn't find the stairs at lakeridge, and had to ask someone!"
KELSIE BARNS: "A Huge praying mantis landed on my head, and then a bird pooped on my shoulder!"
MIKAYLA SMITH: "My flip flop broke, and the office had to tape my foot to my shoe for the rest of the day."

That's the answers I got. If you want some high school stories in here of your own, lemme know. I can quote you, or make it anonymous.

ANYWAY BACK TO TODAY! :)

On the first day of school today here's some things my friends and I have already gone through.

>Being yelled at by a teacher.
>"Sign Here"
>Introducing ourselves
>Walking into the wrong classroom
>Being tardy
>Getting Checked out
>Laughing with the class
>Being laughed at by the class
>Working out
>Breaking a couple pencils (SERIOUSLY, I JUST BOUGHT THESE YESTERDAY)
>Forgetting something from home that you needed.
>Finds a zit (Um.. Hello there... Where did you even come from!?)
>Chewed Gum falling on you. (Ask Dallin Carlson, and Heidi Shurtz)
>Waited in a immensely long lunch line.
>Met someone new.
>Talked to someone you never spoke to last year.
>Finished the day, looking at yourself in the mirror and wondering what animal got to your head and attacked it.
>I got a warning painted on my car for parking by the gym, not in the student parking lot. (SO THANKFUL IT WASNT A TICKET)
>Posted pictures in at least one class, or by your front door before you left to school.
>And yes, the all too familiar, LOVE TRIANGLE DRAMA. (I don't have a lot to say on this one, except this didn't happen to me, but like 5 of my friends today.)

Some things I observed today. In each of my classes, it started off awkward and then suddenly broke out into familiar conversation. I'm glad it started the first day this year instead of in November. I also saw a lot of papers, I didn't see a lot of people because their nose was in their schedule trying to figure out where to go... Well mostly sophomores. You guys will all catch on, I promise.

Some things that happened to me today, if you really wanted to know. Found out my favorite class is gonna be math (never even saw that coming). I have the coolest people ever in there, and Mr. Coach Boyack (As I like to call him) is so funny! Who knew. I also tripped down a stair and twisted my ankle, it would have been fine if I hadn't slipped into someone. My first class period (Student Council) I got chalk all over my rear end, on my brand new pants, which was totally attractive. Messed up my chamber choir introduction "Hi i'm Nikki Schmidt and I love the ocean, I want to go in it after high school." I meant to say that I want to go into that field after high school, not go into the ocean after high school. Got made fun of by all my teachers. Called Mrs. Matthews "Mom" at the beginning of class, thankfully she didn't hear and no one else did either... which I guess now i'm telling them all... anyway. (Refer to the penguin picture above!) I already also mentioned the parking thing.




Okay nuff'' bout my day! How did all of yours go?

Now, because I want to, i'm gonna publicize a little bit for stuff coming up for mountain view!

For all of you MV BRUINS!
COME TO THE DANCE AND FOOTBALL GAME this Friday! The Dance costs $5 and is right after the football game from 9:30-11:30!
ALSO BOYS START ASKING GIRLS TO HOMECOMING!!
All 3 of these things will be way fun!
And I can't wait to do my "Slow dancing vs Fast Dancing" Blog post. ;)

 I hope you all enjoyed your first day, and hope you enjoy the days to follow.
Remember that you can make it through the rest of the year! :)






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I. just. love. you. too.
      You better transfer to my english class!
      That is all :)

      Delete